Over twenty years ago, a friend of mine recommended a book You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay. She thought it would help me to self-heal my depression and chronic fatigue through the power of daily affirmations.
Anything was better than taking medicated drugs which was not an option. I learnt that thoughts and lack of self-love contribute to disease, depression, anxiety attacks and more, and that positive affirmations can help heal us.
To my delight with using positive affirmations daily I noticed my thinking changed to being more positive and that I started becoming healthier and happier.
Nowadays science actually supports the power and benefits of positive affirmations. Not surprising because every thought we say and every thought we think is an affirmation; it’s our self-talk (auto-suggestion). What this means for you and me is that by practising deliberately, repeatedly and daily affirmation we start rewiring our brain thus strengthening our neural connections. This is one of the best ways to reprogram our subconscious mind.
Researcher David J. Hellerstein, M.D., a Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Columbia University tells us the following, “In brief, we have realized that ‘neuroplasticity,’ the ongoing remodelling of brain structure and function, occurs throughout life. It can be affected by life experiences, genes, biological agents, and by behavior, as well as by thought patterns.”
Neuroscience now proves that our thoughts can change the structure and function of our brains. (If you want to learn more about this fascinating science, check out the book The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge, M.D.)
When you start daily practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) on a daily basis, what you are doing is creating neuroplasticity in the area of the brain, that’s where it processes what we are thinking about day in day out. The Law of Repetition states that the key to reprogram your thinking is by repetition as this floods your brain with the positive input. However, when you are flooding your mind with negative thinking it most likely is stopping you from actually attaining your desires.
When practicing affirmations, you need to say the affirmation in a confident voice, several times a day especially when you notice you that you are thinking negatively. Immediately replace it with your positive affirmations. Be sure your affirmations are in the present tense, as though they are a current reality.
PS: If you want to radically transform your life, it starts with positive thinking from the inside-out. If you are interested, I have created a full version of mind-body ‘Positive Mindset‘ guided affirmations embedded with Theta Brainwave Entrainment Binaural Beats to fast track and enhance your results. I know you will enjoy the experience when listening to these powerful guided affirmations.
PSS: You may also like to check out my:
- YouTube Channel “Success Mindset Mastery” filled with tips, strategies, visualisations and affirmations to help you change your mindset, click here .
- FaceBook Group “Mindset for Success.” It’s an interactive group for people who want to become self-aware, live more consciously and are eager to learn more about changing their mindset to change their life, click here.
- Facebook Group “Transformative Power of Gratitude.” Research has found that expressing gratitude improves mental, physical and relational well-being. Being grateful also impacts the overall.
- Through my expert e-coaching service I offer the following, so please click any of the links to get you started on your new path:
- The Ultimate Transformative Personalised Package Recording
- A Personalised Visualisation Recording
- A Personalised Guided Affirmation Recording
- Generic Guided Affirmation Recordings